Fall is upon us and as you enjoy the colorful changes in leaves and the cooler temps, you should also take the time to ensure that your home is easy to tackle the season. Miami homeowners who’ve taken the time to hire a custom home builder miami fl and have their dream home certainly want to protect the investment. Luckily, there are many ways to ensure that your home is ready for the season.
To maximize comfort and safety at your home this fall, complete these steps:
· Check the smoke alarms in the house and replace batteries
· Check the windows for cracks and leaks. Use caulk to seal them.
· Clear out the yard! All gardening items and lawn equipment should be stored in the shed
· Remove garden hoses from spigots outside and cover the spigots
· Re Mulch the yard and fertilize the lawn
· Inspect the roof from the ground. If you notice anything out of place, shingles missing, etc., call a professional.
· Check the doors for gaps and signs of leaks
· Clean the gutters and the downspouts
· Replace the filters in your air conditioning/heating unit
· Insulate the pipes throughout the home
· Ventilate the attic
· Spring cleaning is fun, but you can do a fall cleaning session and minimize some of the work for the spring. And, clearing out some of the unnecessary items from the house prevents pests from coming in to make home and get out of the cold.
Many people welcome the fall season with open arms and anticipate the pumpkin spice lattes, the crispy leaves, and the cooler temperatures. But, if your home isn’t ready for the season, you’ll endure so many headaches and hassles that ultimately cost you a considerable amount of money. Use the tips above to prevent problems at your home and prepare for the fall and winter season.